Linux help installing redhat harddrive into another computer and

William Weaver williamdweaver-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 18:22:16 UTC 2012

Since you said you're not overly familiar with linux I wanted to give you a
few steps to follow, from there I/We should be able to give you an idea of
what will need to be done and if you aren't comfortable doing it I can send
you an estimated price for me to come to your location to resolve the issue.

Once the computer is booted and you have logged in, you will need to access
a terminal prompt. If you are in an GUI interface you can do this by
running the terminal application after log in.

Type the following commands exactly as below. You can google each one if
you are interested in what they are doing.

cd ~
dmesg > dmesg.log
lspci > lspci.log

>From here you will need to put a USB key into your machine and copy these
files onto it. If you don't see your USB key pop up on the GUI when you
plug it in (also called automounting) then we would need to go through the
steps to mount it, which I can talk you through over the phone.

Once you've copied over the files, email them to me. They will be found in
your ~ directory which is also known as /home/<username>/

With those logs I should have a decent idea of what the issues could be and
what will be involved fixing them.

Will