Virtualization on Linux

Asaf Maruf asafmaruf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 13 18:45:04 UTC 2007

Actually KVM is implemented in the new linux kernel. You will need a CPU
with virtualiztion enabled like Intel-VT or AMD-Pacifica.

A nice comparison is available here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines

Asaf

On Dec 13, 2007 11:14 AM, lada-h8kxHjy+vg4AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org <lada-h8kxHjy+vg4AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Thank you everyone for answering my 64- vs. 32-bit Linux question. 64-bit
> seems to be the way to go, however I still need to run some Windows
> applications. Virtualization technologies are mature enough to abandon
> dual
> booting, but I am not sure which implementation is best. I am leaning
> towards KVM. From a tutorial I found it seems to be easy to set up. Any
> advice?
> TIA
>
> Ladislav Svatos

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much
more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be
wrong." - Richard P. Feynman