Virtualization on Linux

lada-h8kxHjy+vg4AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org lada-h8kxHjy+vg4AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 13 19:28:08 UTC 2007

>Actually KVM is implemented in the new linux kernel. You will need a CPU
>with virtualiztion enabled like Intel-VT or AMD-Pacifica.
>
>A nice comparison is available here:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines
>

>Asaf

I came across the table when doing my research. What I am looking for is
real-life experience with installation, configuration, and software
stability.
I run VMware WindowsXP virtualization on WindowsXP at work. VMware seems to
be very stable, but I would prefer a FOSS solution on my Linux box.

Ladislav