[GTALUG] Recommendation for a media center front end?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Sep 8 14:01:10 EDT 2024

D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk said on Sun, 8 Sep 2024 01:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

>I hate top posting.  I recommend only quoting what's relevant to your
>message.  And quoting in chronological order.  Putting the burden on
>the reader isn't a good idea in a mailing list (there are more readers
>than writers).

Top posting with full quoted text retention is for CYA in business
situations. Mailing lists are a collaborative mind meld like would be
conducted around a table if we were in person. Around a table replies
certainly don't come before earlier statements, and if you had to
rehash every single bit of the conversation just to make an additional
point, progress would be impeded by more than an order of magnitude.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com