[GTALUG] Learning Go

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 13 23:28:40 EDT 2024

Dear Go experts,

I finally decided to dive into Go.  Searching around "go.dev", I can't
seem to find proper introduction, suitable for C programmer.  Can
someone point me to where it might be buried?

I want the usual introduction, starting with
     - data types, variables, data structures
     - syntax (Go seems to use more symbols than C)
     - if-then, loops, functions, etc.

Eg. I started with

     func main() {
         code, text := fmt.Print ("Print:", "hello", "world\n")
         code, text := fmt.Printf ("Printf: %s %s\n", "hello", "world")
         code, text := fmt.Println ("Println:", "hello", "world")
     }

and got errors.  I managed to figure it out, by trial and error.  Not
very efficient learning...