[GTALUG] Power Mode: reducing fan noise on a notebook

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:45:39 EDT 2024

Many web sites are doing a lot of javascript behind the scenes, to get as
much info from you as possible. They may also be pulling in huge amounts of
code from other web sites. Install the NoScript plugin and you'll see them
all. Try an ad blocker. I find that Youtube and a couple of web sites,
SCMP.com for example, run a ton of JS, which makes my laptop run hot.

Also maybe you should open up your laptop and clean the inside, including
the fan.