[GTALUG] Portable Monitors

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Jul 31 13:57:25 EDT 2024

> From: Nick Accad via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

> 3. I ended up getting this:
> https://www.arzopa.com/collections/hot-deals/products/s1-table-15-6-fhd-portable-monitor
>
> It worked.. "OK", niot great, my main complaint is that the USB-C
> connection is a hit or miss, it worked on an Android phone for example, but
> it did not work on my souped up Dell/Windows laptop, and the support
> response is "just use USB-C for power and use the HDMI for display". Yup,
> it's going back.

The display specs say:
  Input Interface: Mini HD(Video Signal), Type-C Full Function(Video
	Data, Power Supply ISDN),

I don't know what Mini HD is, but I would guess that it is really Mini
HDMI.
<https://www.howtogeek.com/745530/hdmi-vs-mini-hdmi-vs-micro-hdmi-whats-the-difference/>

Mini HDMI isn't that common.  I think Raspberry Pi uses it.

USB 3.x can and often does support Power Delivery, and DisplayPort at
the same time.

If your computer is new enough, you only need a USB C male-to-male cab.

If not, you need a Mini HDMI cable and a USB C charger.

Or did I misunderstand somehting?