[GTALUG] Portable Monitors

Nick Accad naccad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:36:07 EDT 2024

Multiple replies here:

1. I did convert a laptop display in the past, and while it was a fun
project, the cost and the "ugliness" of the finished product makes this
route not suitable

2. Projectors came to mind, but they are bulky to carry and not everywhere
has a clean wall I can use, again, my goal here is "crash cart scenario"

3. I ended up getting this:
https://www.arzopa.com/collections/hot-deals/products/s1-table-15-6-fhd-portable-monitor

It worked.. "OK", niot great, my main complaint is that the USB-C
connection is a hit or miss, it worked on an Android phone for example, but
it did not work on my souped up Dell/Windows laptop, and the support
response is "just use USB-C for power and use the HDMI for display". Yup,
it's going back.

I think I'm just going to drag my beast to CanadaComputers and test things
with them before buying anything.

Thanks for all the responses

-nick