[GTALUG] Portable Monitors

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Mon Jul 29 10:01:27 EDT 2024

On 7/28/24 8:18 AM, Steve Petrie via talk wrote:

> *Carey,*
>
> I have read multiple reports discussing unpleasant physiological
> effects from VR headset use.
>
> Seems like these effects can be quite debilitating.
>
> Try an internet search for "vr headset health concerns".

Years ago when working on some 3d simulation projects this kind of thing
was described as simulator sickness.

I would imagine that VR headsets would be worse because of the latency
between your head motion and the display redrawing the screen.

I had a chance to play a VR game that was being demoed at one of the
local malls and it did not seem too sickness inducing but it was a 5
minute experience and a few hours with a headsetĀ  could be much worse.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net               ||