[GTALUG] legasy cell phone repair in Toronto?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Jul 15 15:00:17 EDT 2024

well..that depends.
This is an lg f4nr.
The eBay ad from second life cellular in Maple Ontario claimed the phone
was
unlocked.  when I got it here having PC mobile put  the sim code from my
currently  slightly damaged bell handset of the same phone into this new
one,  it did not work.  When the mobile shop tried another code, it acted
as if it were tied to freedom mobile instead.
Freedom provided a code they believe is the unlock one, only for sim codes
to claim  it is  wind mobile,  which freedom mobile bought some time back.
The phone itself is functional, new one I mean.  The problem is actually
unlocking the phone itself.
Karen