[GTALUG] access to iLO on HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server

Aurelian Melinte ame01 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 27 15:51:41 EDT 2024

On 27/08/2024 10:55, Zbigniew Koziol via talk wrote:
> Greetings to all who may be remember me (it is already around 16 years
> as I left Canada). To others - too :)
>
> I have bought that machine for computer simulations in physics, not
> having before experience with similar ones.
>
> The first start and installing mint there went easy. My guess is that
> I shut it down improperly (I do not remember details).

Hi,

This is more of a question for a full fledged admin but AFAIK:

  * I suspect this is an HP machine. Do search exactly for the manual of
    that machine. HP has a number of iterations (GenX e.g. Gen10) so you
    need the exact manual to find the battery location
  * I think there is no need to reset the BIOS if you did not change the
    iLO password
  * plug a monitor - there should be a video/VGA port on the back. When
    it boots, it will display the iLO IP
  * Press F11 (on my models) - you will get into a one-time boot menu
    and you could boot an USB stick
  * Power button: you may need to long-press it for a full shutdown