[GTALUG] GNOME's "Attach Modal Dialogs"?

Alex Kink alex at alexkink.com
Sun Nov 26 11:55:45 EST 2023

macOS introduced the same change 3 years ago. It annoys the hell out of me constantly.
It used to be that the modal could be moved around but the window that spawned the modal could not be interacted with until the modal is resolved. This behaviour allowed you to see what's behind the modal and prevented "misplacing the dialog".

At least on Linux I can use a window manager that does't introduce counterproductive changes just for the sake of introducing changes.

Alex Kink (PGP Key <https://alexkink.net/public_key.asc>)
+1 416 887 4795