[GTALUG] Heads up: Ubuntu 21.10 kills your desktop icons

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:13:12 EDT 2021

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to say that Alt-Tab works for them on
XFCE. It absolutely doesn't for me. I've tried:

* checking the contents of
~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml:
it has the expected (and confusing) contents that seem to work for
everyone else

* changing the key definition in Window Manager → Keyboard. Even
deleting them, logging out, logging back in, redefining them - nope.

* checking that the keys on my preferred (well, least-worst) keyboard
are generating the right scan codes using xev. They are.

It is immensely annoying that Xubuntu can't get this right.

  Stewart