[GTALUG] Heads up: Ubuntu 21.10 kills your desktop icons (it was .config all along)

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 20:20:59 EDT 2021

On 2021-10-22 21:13, Stewart C. Russell wrote:

> It is immensely annoying that Xubuntu can't get this right.

I've restored the Alt-Tab behaviour, incidentally, by taking the simple
but drastic step of removing everything from ~/.config, logging out,
logging back in, then selectively restoring the files and folders to
.config that look like things I might need.

This doesn't help work out what caused the issue, but the issue is gone
now. I suspect it was something from my six year old Ubuntu installation
fighting with the new Xubuntu update.

  Stewart

(and with my day job hat on: no, I can't get you a Raspberry Pi 2 Zero
W, even if it is the only aarch64 machine you can theoretically obtain
for USD 15. Our sister company in the USA got 2400 of them on Thursday
about 4 pm, and even limiting them to one per order, sold out by 9:30 am
on Friday.)