[GTALUG] Looking for assistance with Firefox

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 13 11:24:11 EDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:11:47AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> I have an urge, that I'm resisting, to see what happens with 500 tabs
> in one window.
>
> If you get more tabs than can fit in the tab bar (is that the right
> name?), the list can scroll.  Scrolling through 500 would seem very
> awkward.  There is also a drop down menus showing you the tabs.  But
> 500 in one menu sounds unwieldy.  I guess you can fall back on
> searching for a tab ("% " in the URL.).
>
> Len: how do you navigate through 503 tabs in a window?

Apparently I don't for the most part.  I have a few tabs pinned to the
start (gmail, facebook, etc) that I use all the time, then other tabs
for stuff I opened to read or look at.  Sometimes I forget about them
(seems to happen a lot).  Of course you can also open a new tab, type
the name of a tab and one of the options is to jump to a matching tab
that is already open.

I would not claim this is working very well. :)

But firefox puts up with it most of the time.  Chrome would have been
dead long ago with this kind of abuse.

--
Len Sorensen