[GTALUG] Looking for assistance with Firefox

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:29:14 EDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:24 AM Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:11:47AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
> wrote:
> > I have an urge, that I'm resisting, to see what happens with 500 tabs
> > in one window.
> >
> > If you get more tabs than can fit in the tab bar (is that the right
> > name?), the list can scroll.  Scrolling through 500 would seem very
> > awkward.  There is also a drop down menus showing you the tabs.  But
> > 500 in one menu sounds unwieldy.  I guess you can fall back on
> > searching for a tab ("% " in the URL.).
> >
> > Len: how do you navigate through 503 tabs in a window?
>
> Apparently I don't for the most part.  I have a few tabs pinned to the
> start (gmail, facebook, etc) that I use all the time, then other tabs
> for stuff I opened to read or look at.  Sometimes I forget about them
> (seems to happen a lot).  Of course you can also open a new tab, type
> the name of a tab and one of the options is to jump to a matching tab
> that is already open.
>
> I would not claim this is working very well. :)
>
> But firefox puts up with it most of the time.  Chrome would have been
> dead long ago with this kind of abuse.

Ah yes - - - - my kind of main page - - - - except I've gotten a lot more
than
500 tabs on a page. I open tabs to get information - - - just don't get to
reading and saving useful stuff. I try to do less but adding 10 tabs in a
week
is very very easy. Now think say 20 by 8 months . . .   (grin!).

Regards