[GTALUG] Enlarging /boot

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:45:57 EDT 2021

Hello!

When I installed Debian on my current computer, I (foolishly) let the
install script partition my disk.  Now I have a /boot partition that is too
small.

The system is using lvm, and I have enough free space on /home that I can
reduce the size of /home by a couple of Gb, and then in theory allocate
that to my ridiculously undersized /boot partition.

Back in the old days I knew how to do this, but with lvm I don't know how,
and of the (many) questions and answers that I have found I haven't seen
one that inspires confidence.

So...

1) Do I need to make a boot drive?
2) Does anyone know a nice set of instructions?

Thanks!