[GTALUG] Free Weller soldering tips

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:22:50 EDT 2021

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 19:59, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Every time tip makes contact, there was "click" inside.

The clicks you hear (and feel) are from the magnetic switch mechanism
in the shaft moving back and forth due to being drawn to, and released
from, the slug in the tip as the slug becomes magnetic and
non-magnetic when it goes below and above (respectively) the rated
temperature. This switch controls power to the heating element in the
shaft that heats the tip.

You have some types that I don't, so as I said, if nobody else wants
them, I'll gladly pay the postage to mail them to me.

--
Scott