[GTALUG] Enlarging /boot

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Oct 8 11:37:44 EDT 2021

On 2021-10-07 10:45 p.m., William Witteman via talk wrote:
> When I installed Debian on my current computer, I (foolishly) let the
> install script partition my disk.  Now I have a /boot partition that is too
> small.

How small is your /boot partition? Are you using it for more than just the
kernel files needed to boot your system?

I have a /boot that is way bigger than I really need but I wanted room to
keep multiple kernels so I can test out different distros that may require
different kernels. Allowing 100M per kernel should be more than enough
space. I currently have two kernels and they only use 153M of disk space.

> The system is using lvm

I don't use lvm so I can't help with that. All I can say is that when I have
needed to adjust partition sizes I use gparted. That might not help you.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick