[GTALUG] Linux Computer Charity

Joseph Rocklin rocklin at tuta.io
Fri Nov 19 09:43:11 EST 2021

Good morning,

I have founded a charity that takes in older, used computers and puts a user-friendly Linux Distro on, and gives them to those in need.

We do ask for a donation from those that can afford it. But this is waived for anybody saying they are unable to afford it. We are applying for charitable status and hope to be able to give tax receipts after a CRA review.

If anyone here knows of someone in the GTA who has need for a computer to serve them in average user tasks, but can't afford the rising costs of computers, please direct them to RocklinReboots.com. Also, if anyone has older machines they don't need anymore, that can  support current versions of distros like Linux Mint (xfce), please reach out to me at rocklin at rocklinreboots.com.

Lastly, I am open to any suggestions from anyone here relating to the organization, the website, or any other detail of the charity's operation.

Have a good weekend,
Joseph Rocklin
Rocklin at rocklinreboots.com.