[GTALUG] Kurzweil Reading Edge

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Mon May 31 18:32:48 EDT 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 05:58:45PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 05:30:35PM -0400, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> > no,
> > Previously I could from shellworld use YouTube dL, I believe we have a
> > second  option too, convert the video to either mp3 or m4a, and get the
> > audio   that way.

[snip]

> Well youtube-dl still works fine whenever I use it, so that should still

[snip]

> youtube-dl -f 140  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jECuwrn_U

And, if your instance of yt-dl is out-of-date and poutube serves you some errors,

"youtube-dl -U"

will update your instance for you.  Here's a brief description from

https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#options

--- begin documentation quote ---
-U or --update

Updates the youtube-dl program to its latest version.  Make sure that you have sufficient permissions (run with sudo if needed).
--- end documentation quote ---

Are you sure you don't want to hear the Reading Edge rap? :)

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org