[GTALUG] Kurzweil Reading Edge

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon May 31 19:07:50 EDT 2021

Hi,
While I deeply appreciate both of our input, a couple of factors that
impact  my situation.
First, I referenced shellworld, a shell service to which I subscribe,
because  I personally cannot run Linux.
There is no current Linux distribution with a screen reading program that
can talk  to my reading edge, which serves as my speech synthesizer.
Second, because this is a service, I have no control  over what edition of
YouTube dl is run by the administrator.  I can tell you shellworld  is not
a graphical desktop, meaning Lynx, or at most links which can incorporate
some java is used.
Again your expertise is, as always, appreciated...but unless you can match
my environment some mileage factors vary  a great great deal.
That reminds me to start a thread asking why graphical Linux desktops
cannot   speak to hardware serial ports.  I imagine other things are
involved , but I do wonder.
Cheers,
Karen