[GTALUG] Kurzweil Reading Edge

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 31 17:58:45 EDT 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 05:30:35PM -0400, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> no,
> Previously I could from shellworld use YouTube dL, I believe we have a
> second  option too, convert the video to either mp3 or m4a, and get the
> audio   that way.
> It was a dance, but I did it for work related things.
> now, or at least last I checked with our admin, YouTube is less friendly to
> third party command line tools.
> besides, Mike gave me enough of an idea that I doubt I would gain much from
> actually accessing the presentation directly.
> Thanks for the idea though!

Well youtube-dl still works fine whenever I use it, so that should still
be fine. And it has arguments to only download the audio part if that
is all you want.

For example:

youtube-dl -f 140  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jECuwrn_U

That downloads an m4a audio track only.  About 12MB in size.

--
Len Sorensen