[GTALUG] my take on Richard Stallman's contributions

Warren McPherson warren.mcpherson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:20:39 EDT 2021

I love that George Bernard Shaw quote. In my life, I try to be as
unreasonable as possible. My wife probably would not mind if I would dial
that back a bit.  My quote is not quite as much fun.

"Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will
lead others to join you."
Ruth Bader Ginsburg

I think the challenge we have is leadership, drawing other people in a
constructive direction. In that dimension, I suspect appointing RMS to a
board is likely a mistake. Maybe not so much an outrage, but I feel it is
not the right thing for either party. I have not been following closely
enough to have a strong conviction on that point.