[GTALUG] Partitioning Question

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:04:11 EDT 2021

I have a partitioning question I am hoping someone can help with. I have
2 hard drives in my laptop , a SSD and a standard hard drive. I dual
boot Windows and Ubuntu. Here is an image of my partitions from gparted.
The top is my SSD and the bottom is my other drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u7Rcn1_W95Z1PlV122IhPdR1VXJFxkAJ/view?usp=sharing
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u7Rcn1_W95Z1PlV122IhPdR1VXJFxkAJ/view?usp=sharing>
.

  My Linux system except for Home (which has it's own partition on the
other drive) is on the SSD as well as Windows.  I'm running out of room
on the Windows partition on the SSD. I have other partitions on the
other drive that has lots of space. Is there a way I can allocate some
of that to Windows? For example as you can see in the image I have an
ntfs data partition of 100 Gigs that is almost empty. Any way to take
some of that and share it with the Windows SSD partition? Otherwise what
would people recommend to give Windows more space based on what I have
available. I should also probably move some of my Linux out of the SSD
but not sure what? I assume if I do move stuff I would need to do it
from gparted running on a USB stick? Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Jim