[GTALUG] Odd VLC problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:15:45 EST 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:23 AM Evan Leibovitch via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Last week, in an attempt to make my desktop more readable to my ageing eyes, I bought a $40 stand and set up my monitors vertically (see 1st pic).
>
> Changing the KDE setup to accommodate this (Kubuntu 20.04 LTS) was easy, and all of my apps seem to work fine with the new setup ... except VLC.

Quite some years ago I chose to have more than even 2 monitors - - - -
I do have one that is in portrait mode and absolutely love it for
reading pdfs!
(So I 'get' at least somewhat of your gist - - - grin!).
I use LXQT and I've not found such behavior - - - - -maybe check that out.

Regards