[GTALUG] BlackBerry [was Re: Linux servers attacked!]

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 11 12:57:07 EDT 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:55:27AM -0400, Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> I liked QnX. It used a micro kernel architecture. I used it on 286, and
> later 386, based computers when I was working for a market research company
> back in the DOS era pre-Windows. I used versions 2 and 3 of it. GUI stuff
> wasn't added to QnX until version 4. I never used QnX version 4. The 386 and
> 486 computers were fast enough that I was able to port the entire system to
> DOS only. I don't often hear about QnX. Interesting to hear of it used in a
> commercial product.

Well according to a press release from last june, QNX CAR is in over
150 million cars in the infotainment system, (and dashboard management
in many cases since those are often combined now).  They list Audi,
BMW, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, KIA, Maserati,
Mercedes-Benzh, Porche, Toyota and Volkswagen as users of it.

And that's just QNX CAR, not counting all their other variants for
other markets.

--
Len Sorensen