[GTALUG] BlackBerry [was Re: Linux servers attacked!]

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon May 11 11:55:27 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-11 12:45 a.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> QNX is (I think) quite a solid system.  It has a serious niche in the
> automotive world.  My guess is that it will be crushed by Linux.
>
> - QNX is better for real-time things
>
> - QNX can be a lot leaner than Linux

I liked QnX. It used a micro kernel architecture. I used it on 286, and
later 386, based computers when I was working for a market research company
back in the DOS era pre-Windows. I used versions 2 and 3 of it. GUI stuff
wasn't added to QnX until version 4. I never used QnX version 4. The 386 and
486 computers were fast enough that I was able to port the entire system to
DOS only. I don't often hear about QnX. Interesting to hear of it used in a
commercial product.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick