[GTALUG] New Build Computer?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 27 22:31:13 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-27 21:05, Peter King via talk wrote:
> Well, no joy in Mudville.
>
> I disabled Secure Boot by deleted the PK key, which did indeed result in
> the motherboard BIOS recognizing that Secure Boot was disabled.  And, it
> recognizes the NVMe drive as the boot device, indeed the only boot device,
> which is good.
>
> But ... despite all that, it still does not boot.  I tried it with CSM on
> and CSM off, still no boot.  Efibootmgr this time *did* list the NVMe drive
> as an EFI option (after the USB flash drive), but still no boot.  Tried it
> with various options enabled and disabled, still no joy.
>
> Damned if I can figure it out.  I feel like I'm getting closer ... but no
> way forward seems obvious.  Any ideas?  Any reason to think that another
> motherboard might be less difficult to get up and running?

Try installing rEFInd to a USB stick, then boot from it. It will
(hopefully) autodetect your various EFI partitions and build a list of
target systems that you can boot.

The USB image is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refind/files/0.12.0/refind-flashdrive-0.12.0.zip/download

Since you managed to boot from a USB stick before, this might be enough
of a bodge to get you going.

Cheers, Jamon