[GTALUG] New Build Computer?

Nicholas Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:15:52 EDT 2020

On 7/27/20 9:05 PM, Peter King via talk wrote:
> Well, no joy in Mudville.
>
> I disabled Secure Boot by deleted the PK key, which did indeed result in
> the motherboard BIOS recognizing that Secure Boot was disabled.  And, it
> recognizes the NVMe drive as the boot device, indeed the only boot device,
> which is good.
>
> But ... despite all that, it still does not boot.  I tried it with CSM on
> and CSM off, still no boot.  Efibootmgr this time *did* list the NVMe drive
> as an EFI option (after the USB flash drive), but still no boot.  Tried it
> with various options enabled and disabled, still no joy.
>
> Damned if I can figure it out.  I feel like I'm getting closer ... but no
> way forward seems obvious.  Any ideas?  Any reason to think that another
> motherboard might be less difficult to get up and running?

Are you able to get to a grub boot screen or not. Does it not reach
Linux or it a issue with the BIOS still. There are one of three issues
it seems:
1. Buggy BIOS and therefore you may need to flash it
2. If your getting to grub then its a Linux issue somewhere in the
runlevels configuration so try single user mode
3. There is a missing option in the BIOs that you need to check,
not sure which as I'm not aware of that board's firmware

I has this issue with my system after reinstalling a drive and it
was a missed setting in the firmware.

Maybe this helps,
Nick

--
Fundamentally an organism has conscious mental states if and only if
there is something that it is like to be that organism--something it is