[GTALUG] Remote Desktop [ RDP files and Remmina ]

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Aug 24 14:26:43 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-24 1:34 p.m., David Thornton via talk wrote:
> I have some experience with remmina, in as much as I help my wife with it,
> when it breaks.
>
> She's ubuntu at home, and uses the snap package. The apt one doesn't work.

That is a good point. I don't remember why but some time ago I couldn't get
remmina to work (properly?) so I have been using a PPA version of the
program for quite some time. Under Linux Mint I am using version
1.4.3+ppa202004152214.r795df10.d801df04~ubuntu16.04.1

Regarding my comment about the availability of RDP in Windows 10, my laptop
has Windows 10 that was obtained as part of the free 8 to 10 update. When
trying to activate RDP the Windows system tells I require an upgrade to
Windows 10 Pro in order to have the RDP feature.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick