[GTALUG] Remote Desktop [ RDP files and Remmina ]

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:34:32 EDT 2020

I have some experience with remmina, in as much as I help my wife with it,
when it breaks.

She's ubuntu at home, and uses the snap package. The apt one doesn't work.

she has auto update on , so when it breaks it most frequently a breaking
update.

As far as I'm aware The folk at her workplaces have't done anything
special for her, she looks like a windows client.

I snap revert from time to time , and it works... then a new update comes
and it updates, and it works.

In a word (term) : "under development"

David

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 10:57 AM Aruna Hewapathirane via talk <
talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have to login remotely from home to work and this involves booting up a
> Windows system
> then logging in. Which works fine.
>
> I wanted to see if I can login remotely using Remmina and the RDP protocol
> using Linux. So
> far zilch and tried most things I know ( which is very little ). So I was
> wondering if anyone has
> any experience logging into a Windows System remotely using Linux and
> Remmina ?
>
> When I try to activate the tool for work under Linux it just lets me save
> the RDP file. I have tried to
> import the file into Remmina but does not connect.
>
> What should I do to trouble-shoot and resolve ? Any suggestions?
>
> And Evan I received your email to the Raspberry Pi thread I was busy-busy
> sorry
> for not acknowledging sooner :-)
>
> So once again to break it down:
>
> 1 - Office System is in London, Ontario and runs Windows.
> 2 - I have a dual boot running Windows and Debian
>
> How do I log-in to the office server using my linux system ?
>
> Thanks - Aruna

> Unsubscribe from this mailing list

David Thornton
https://wiki.quadratic.net