[GTALUG] Was: Linux kernel 5.3 - Now: SPF and Anti Forgery

ac ac at main.me
Fri Sep 20 08:55:02 EDT 2019

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:00:10 -0400
David Collier-Brown via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On 2019-09-19 11:11 p.m., William Park via talk wrote:
> > I just tried kernel 5.3.0, and it's noticeably faster in opening
> > windows.  Not sure about overall throughput, though.
> I'd be interested in how quick it is in unblocking processes who just
> got I/O. I have servers doing arrays of heavily parallel network
> requests who race each other to get back, but /then / compete to get
> a core to service them.
> --dave

Please do accept my apology in advance, I do not mean or intend to
hijack an existing thread, but I have noticed something interesting in
the email you just sent to the list, so I have started a new thread... :)

Your sent email, came in marked as SPAM, and I wondered why...

yes, it is from Google, who sends a lot of spam, scams etc. but that
alone should not get it marked as spam... So, I looked and it is so
interesting... (maybe I need a life :) )

Dave, in the headers you literally have three email addresses:
Relayed For: <davec-b at rogers.com> - No SPF / Anti Forgery
Cc:<davecb.42 at gmail.com> - Which is currently a ->  ~all
also a -> ~all

Which is why your relay is scored additional, as this is also what
spammers do very frequently (They use (rather abuse) @gmail with a reply
to of @outlook.com, etc)

It is also interesting, that Google, probably in the interests of
becoming a better netizen?, has again started including relay headers,
again, after not including same for a long while...

Anyway, long winded, but here is the question: Do you not find many
fake sent from and backscatter issues to your @rogers.com? If yes, why
even still use it in your Thunderbird config?

Andre