[GTALUG] Was: Linux kernel 5.3 - Now: SPF and Anti Forgery

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 21:23:24 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-20 8:55 a.m., ac via talk wrote:

> Your sent email, came in marked as SPAM, and I wondered why...

Don't forget: we had to implement Reply-To munging, otherwise mailing
list messages were going out with incorrect DKIM information. Yes, about
now someone usually quotes Chip Rosenthal's decade+ out-of-date article,
but you either mess with headers or roughly ⅔ of your list recipients
don't get e-mail. Most of them don't even get to see it as spam, either,
as gmail et al quietly eat messages with bad DKIM information.

cheers,
  Stewart