[GTALUG] Docker-based Mail Server

Mike Kallies mike at kallies.ca
Wed Sep 18 07:04:36 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-16 3:47 p.m., Christopher Browne via talk wrote:
> A colleague at work (in the US) found that his ISP was going to
> outsource his email to Microsoft and charge $25/month for that.  He
> poked around, and found his own personal "outsourcing" in the form of
> the following...
> https://github.com/tomav/docker-mailserver

No calendaring?

Microsoft sells o365 for a lot less than $25/mo.  Even the online
version of the office suite  directly from office.com, with 1TB storage,
custom domains, mobile device management, etc, etc., is about $7.40/mo
CAD (the custom domains are $1/mo).

FOSS Calendaring has always been a weak spot.  I feel like all
development stopped once Gmail appeared, and only got worse when Android
became popular.

--
Mike Kallies
mike at kallies.ca