[GTALUG] Docker-based Mail Server

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed Sep 18 07:31:05 EDT 2019

On 9/18/19 7:04 AM, Mike Kallies via talk wrote:
> On 2019-09-16 3:47 p.m., Christopher Browne via talk wrote:
>> A colleague at work (in the US) found that his ISP was going to
>> outsource his email to Microsoft and charge $25/month for that.  He
>> poked around, and found his own personal "outsourcing" in the form of
>> the following...
>> https://github.com/tomav/docker-mailserver
>
> No calendaring?
>
> Microsoft sells o365 for a lot less than $25/mo.  Even the online
> version of the office suite  directly from office.com, with 1TB
> storage, custom domains, mobile device management, etc, etc., is about
> $7.40/mo CAD (the custom domains are $1/mo).
>
> FOSS Calendaring has always been a weak spot.  I feel like all
> development stopped once Gmail appeared, and only got worse when
> Android became popular

Take a look at OpenXchange.
It has a set of features similar to o365.
It is not a small package to install and the OX guys have a mixed
business model where the core software is open but some of the more
desirable features are charged for.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||