[GTALUG] Rogers "Anyplace TV" does not support Firefox

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 11:23:01 EDT 2019

pt
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:02 AM Karen Lewellen via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> May I make a suggestion?
> If any of you are members of  the Rogers community boards, or follow them
> on twitter, please educate them about Linux.  bell has the same problem,
> or claims to have as much.
> With programs like the TPL training one introducing  people to Linux
> vastness,  Rogers must know that they  must support the platform.  Working
> around what they are doing without educating them will only keep them
> vested in Windows.
> Just a thought,

Its not a bad idea but a number of years I was introduced to a concept
that goes
something like this. When you try to convince an idiot of something they most
often just drag you into the mud an beat you with experience. That
about sums up
my experiences with outfits like Bell and Rogers and Telus (connected
to Bell) and
and and . The only way to 'help them learn something' is to first hit
them HARD in
the pocket book - - - funny how they're interested in listening at that point!

Dee