[GTALUG] Recommendations for useful laptop suitable for Ubuntu

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 00:26:58 EDT 2019

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 23:18, Alex Beamish via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My Windows 10 laptop died pretty close to its fifth birthday, so I'm
> planning on replacing it with a Linux laptop. I've used it for conference
> calls (hosting the Toronto Perlmongers meeings), and some light Libre
> Office work, so I need something better than a Bare Bones laptop, but not
> as wicked as a big fat gamer's rig.
>
> Refurbished is OK, and pre-loaded with Linux is also fine. Budget is
> perhaps $600-$800.

Dell Latitude E7270 Ultrabook 12.5" FHD Touchscreen Core i7-6600U-2.6GHz
works quite well with Ubuntu 18.04. Unfortunately, it is now out of stock
at refurb.io, and Newegg only has Grade B refurbished units.
https://ca.refurb.io/products/dell-latitude-e7270-12-5-fhd-touchscreen-core-i7-6600u-2-6ghz-8gb-512gb-ssd-windows-10-pro-refurbished?_pos=2&_sid=47f9616fe&_ss=r