[GTALUG] Recommendations for useful laptop suitable for Ubuntu

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 23:18:13 EDT 2019

Greetings,

My Windows 10 laptop died pretty close to its fifth birthday, so I'm
planning on replacing it with a Linux laptop. I've used it for conference
calls (hosting the Toronto Perlmongers meeings), and some light Libre
Office work, so I need something better than a Bare Bones laptop, but not
as wicked as a big fat gamer's rig.

Refurbished is OK, and pre-loaded with Linux is also fine. Budget is
perhaps $600-$800.

Thanks!

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com