[GTALUG] Looking for Someone to Answer some Questions

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jan 13 11:25:20 EST 2019

| From: nick via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| I was wondering as I'm still in school

What school?

| if anyone knows
| of people who actually work in compiler design

Compiler design: not a big field.  Most compilers that take a team are
already designed.

There is a group at the IBM Toronto lab that works on their compilers.
I've known a few of them, but my main connections have retired.

An interesting snapshot of this area is the annual CASCON held in
October (free!  with lunches!).

| or embedded
| systems in the Toronto/GTA area.

Lots of folks do that.  I don't know how to find them (I haven't
looked).  They are often more embedded in the application area than
the computer field.  (It often shows in the quality of their code.)

I could imagine that networking through your school would help.