[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting Tomorrow, Aug 13 at 7:30pm

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 13 16:02:26 EDT 2019

| From: Stewart C. Russell via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| > Tech Depot (for off-lease stuff and other fascinating junk).
|
| TechSource, maybe?

Sure.  They used to be one company but they had a schism.  There's
still one in a strip mall on the north side of Sheppard, west of
Allen Rd.

| Tech Depot's in Woodbridge. Either way, TechSource is
| gone too (demolition) from College.

Wow.  I hadn't noticed.  I don't remember when I last went, but I
thought it was just a few months ago.

| Apart from Canada Computers, there
| are a couple of low-ish end repair places, but nothing worth going out
| of your way for …

Sad.  But use it or lose it: I hadn't shopped in the area for a long
time.  Or even in the Markham / Richmond Hill nexus.

Sometimes the Microsoft Store has good deals and there's one in the
Eaton Centre, near the GTALUG meeting.  But it is very different from
an old-style computer store.  Canada Computer started out as an
old-style store and retains some of that feeling.