[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting Tomorrow, Aug 13 at 7:30pm

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 14:08:52 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-12 9:20 p.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:

> People have stopped bothering to discuss (too bad).  Some people go to
> Kabul Express (North side of Dundas, just east of Church.
>
> <https://wiki.gtalug.org/pre-meeting_dinner#kabul_express>

I'll likely be at Kabul Express. There aren't that many places to eat
that stick around in that neighbourhood.

> There are a few.  Not as many as there used to be.  I don't shop there
> very often.  Canada Computers is there, twice (but you have closer ones).
> Tech Depot (for off-lease stuff and other fascinating junk).

TechSource, maybe? Tech Depot's in Woodbridge. Either way, TechSource is
gone too (demolition) from College. Apart from Canada Computers, there
are a couple of low-ish end repair places, but nothing worth going out
of your way for …

… unless you need electronic components, that is. Creatron is by the
Market, and the basement of Home Hardware (the one that used to be a
Factory Direct and had all of the surplus O'Reilly books) have good
selections.

I was just in that location yesterday.

cheers,
 Stewart