[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting Tomorrow, Aug 13 at 7:30pm

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 08:32:24 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 8:51 PM D. Joe via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> <snip the meeting stuff>
>
> Somewhat off topic, but does the stretch of College St just west of
> Spadina still have several computer shops? Call me old fashioned or just a
> curmudgeon, but I try to get not everything online from Amazon et al and
> still appreciate the opportunity to window shop, if nothing else.

There are a couple of shops left on College and on Spadina, but they are
mostly handling consumer accessories. Canada Computers on College and a
place called NT Computer Plus show up on google maps now. I was in the hood
last week and I think I saw that one of the other small shops in the first
two westward blocks of College was shuttered and one was still open.

Phones, sd cards and printer accessories seem to be the bulk of the goods.
You could probably find what you need as a replacement part, but it won't
be the same rich browsing experience as 10 or so years ago, with posters in
the windows and local price wars. :-(