[GTALUG] Shopping for bluetooth headphone... which brand?

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 06:30:26 EST 2018

On January 19, 2018 1:49:27 PM EST, lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 08:20:32AM -0500, Russell wrote:
>> Just wondering, does the headset work in analogue mode when the
>battery dies and can you switch off ANR to extend the battery life?
>
>Yes it works in analog mode without the battery as far as I know (I did
>not try it yet but I believe that is what the manual said).
>
>On the model with active noise cancelation (which is not the one on
>sale)
>the switch has settings of:
>
>Off, BT, Noise cancelation (which also enabled BT).
>
>I think it is supposed to also work with analog in noise cancelation
>mode.
>Will have to give it a try.
>
>The version on sale has just analog and BT.  The version I picked up a
>few days ago also has active noise cancelation (but cost $80 instead).

Thanks, I ask about noise cancellation out of general interest.

I personally don't have all that much need for any ambient sound cancellation. I used these for a couple of hours yesterday and this morning to listen to some voice recordings, music and soundtracks. Overall I'd say the sound bias is towards movies and games rather than classical or other music. I assumed that's what the bass enhancement is for.

They are not as tight a fit as I expected. I always thought of my head as rather large and square(ish) but they do slide around a bit if nod my head too quickly. However, this wouldn't be the first time I kluged a backstrap for an over the ear headset.

For $50 and delivered overnight, these suit my general needs, which  would be mostly quiet listening in quiet spaces.

Cheers

--
Russell