[GTALUG] Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

Clifford Ilkay cilkay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:41:15 EST 2017

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:43 PM, William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> I like C.  I don't know why people are bitching about it.  Most of
> C programming is about dealing with libraries, anyways.
>
> Curiously, Google don't seem to be pushing Go for Android or anything
> for that matter.  If they want me to invest $5000+ (in case of Apple
> iMac/iPad/iPhone), I want something more substantial than, "Here is Go.
> Play with it, and tell us how you like it."

As seen on the Flutter Gitter channel:

"Is it possible to develop and publish iOS versions of apps without an
actual iOS device?"

"yes, even though it is not recommended..."

"That's insane And tempting"

"Been there, done that..."

"You don't even need a real mac, if you own a good-enough pc and use a
osx-vm...
There are a couple of tutorials on how to build one.
The only thing you'll need is a developer license (~ 100$/year)
Still, every now and then, there are features/problems you won't be able to
resolve using the simulator alone.
e.g. there is no camera or no push notifications in the simulator."

That seems good enough for learning at least.

Regards,

Clifford Ilkay

+1 647-778-8696