[GTALUG] Programming languages (in comparison?) - -was Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 00:29:17 EST 2017

On 2017-12-10 09:50 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:

> 1. You need to set up at least 10 windows in FF.
> 2. You need to find some kind of topics so that you have ranging from
> say 5 to 35 tabs open on EACH of those windows.

I'm feeling some déjà vu here: wasn't it suggested a few months ago that
50–350 pages open at the same time is way beyond what a general-purpose
web browser might be expected to display? Each one of those pages can be
executing arbitrary code of unknown size. Maybe I'm a web protozoan, but
the findability of tabs drops massively when I've got more than a few in
even a single window.

FF57 is much cleaner than before, and is at least as fast as Chrome. You
can quit FF, then have it restart with all your windows and tabs open.
The clever part is, it'll only render that tab when it gets focus, so
you could have hundreds of tabs open yet only a few loaded. So while I'm
pretty sure it won't fit your needs of an entire Starbucks-load of pages
in the one browser, it might get a little closer than FF <57.

 Stewart