[GTALUG] Programming languages (in comparison?) - -was Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:20:34 EST 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Stewart C. Russell via talk <
talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 2017-12-10 09:50 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> >
> > 1. You need to set up at least 10 windows in FF.
> > 2. You need to find some kind of topics so that you have ranging from
> > say 5 to 35 tabs open on EACH of those windows.
>
> I'm feeling some déjà vu here: wasn't it suggested a few months ago that
> 50–350 pages open at the same time is way beyond what a general-purpose
> web browser might be expected to display? Each one of those pages can be
> executing arbitrary code of unknown size. Maybe I'm a web protozoan, but
> the findability of tabs drops massively when I've got more than a few in
> even a single window.

OK - - - I'll bite.

I've tried vivaldi, min, chromium (that's chrome on linux), opera and ff.
They all crap out. FF fails perhaps the best - - - it just gets slow.
Opera just dies with no warnings at all! I don't like getting tracked ALL
the time so chromium or variants are out.

Is there a heavy-duty web browser?
If there is - - - I can't find it!
I have filed a number of requests at ff but its impossible to connect with
a 'real' developer so I stopped - - - total waste of time filing any kind
of
reports there. So I have tried to do the right thing but the development
team
doesn't seem to connect with the outside world so all that's left is to
complain
about garbage development!

Regards

Dee