[GTALUG] Keep X from going to sleep

R. Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:36:41 UTC 2015

>Ctrl-Alt-F* followed by Ctrl-Alt-F1 *does* work - thanks to Mauro
>Sousa.  It is a nicer kludge, and I appreciate it.  However, I'd still
>love to figure out a real, permanent solution, if possible.

Probably SYN & ACK requests- IMHO.

>The WM is OpenBox, which isn't doing any power management, but I will
>see if can get it to invoke a different power manager (XFCE looks
>promising, based on Lennart's experience) and try that.  I will report
>back

Remember that if you are testing a virtualized environment your profiles should match real world hardware. For example it might look advantageous to set the baud rate of a virtual disk to 115000, however 9600 is a supported real world rate that won't flood the bus with sync or other requests in difficult circumstances, most especially in a testing environment.

The baud rate on the planar is different than the baud rate of modem communications in dealing with the bus ie. Perhaps it is device limited to requesting and syncing clock tics.

I know this may not seem to relate to the problem at hand but I hear testing, I think testing.
>---
>Talk Mailing List
>talk at gtalug.org

Sent via K-9 Mail.