[GTALUG] Keep X from going to sleep

R. Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:51:47 UTC 2015

I did some more reading on openbox and it appears to conform w/
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/colord/

I note that colord was implemented to solve certain discrete problems and uses PolicyKit to effect finer grained user control  and further that explicit device profiles are required for each display in order to ensure stability and persistence.

I confess to having my own motives for pointing you in this direction, as your problems are quite similar to certain display anomalies experienced by some of the end users I support on a variety of spins. Most recently trying to tame SElinux for some cloud using Fedora Linux newbies.

I hope you continue to track this issue rather than switch. Although I'm a big fan of XFCE on LDM myself.

You can tell me to buzz off at any time, I've got a pretty thick skin and a sense of humor, which serve me well most of the time.

FYI I'm most definitely not claiming to be a Linux super guru. From an enterprise perspective, I'm at best a semi-skilled sysop however, I am an excellent hardware integrator with several decades of integration experiences to draw upon.

Cheers
Russell

--
Sent via K-9 Mail.