[GTALUG] Resume Driven Development

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Mon Oct 13 21:24:32 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 12:40 PM, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> This is an interesting side discussion to the problem of HR
> departments filtering out the good people and passing on people with
> the highest number of keyword matches to the hiring managers.

Getting past the non-techincal HR staff has long been a problem in the
tech industry.  One thing I've noticed is they don't know their are
equivalents to the name brand they're using.  If you've used one brand
of a tool, you're likely able to use a similar tool under a different
name.  I guess this is the same thinking that causes them to hire people
that know Word, rather than those who know how to use word processors.